Blog Archive

Friday, March 30, 2018


A Lamp Unto My Feet, and a Light Unto My Path

I’ve often been told my perspective throughout my journey has been positive
for what I’ve been through.There have been times where living with a chronic illness has been extremely difficult. But I’ve always believed our situations can either make us bitter or better— I’ve chosen better. What has made me better is God’s strength and His word. So today I want to share with you my favorite Bible verses, verses that have become promises I have been able to stand on.

Isaiah 41:10- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

This verse was my first favorite Bible verse as a child. I clung to it. It reminded me I didn’t have to fear and God would be my strength. With every surgery I had as a little girl and teenager— from the time they took me from pre-op to the time they put me to sleep I repeated that verse over and over. It was a comfort to me during uncertain circumstances.  I don’t know what your circumstances are, but if you need reassurance God will strengthen you and there’s no need to fear then hold tight to the promise of this verse.

Isaiah 40:31- But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

This piece of scripture became my favorite bible verse my senior year of college. I came across this verse while doing my morning devotions. I had heard it so many times in my life, but in that moment, it became a confirmation. Growing up I missed out on the normal milestones people my age experienced because of my disease. I rose above the hurt of this, but honestly there were times it was heartbreaking. But with this verse, it was like God was saying you’ve waited for all of these experiences, but not anymore and these milestones will go above and beyond what you ever could have had in high school. And He was right. My senior year of college was a precious and amazing season of life and it was worth the wait. So if you’re waiting on something, stand on the promise of this verse. He will renew your strength!

Exodus 15:26- And said, if thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought up the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.

This verse is so special to me. During spring revival of my senior year at Asbury University, this was the passage of scripture the evangelist used with his message. When I heard this verse, God whispered to my heart that if I would put Him first and obey Him, He was going to heal me. And He has. Since God gave me this promise six years ago, He has touched my body. It’s been a process, but I have been able to do things I never thought I would do and have a new energy and stamina I never thought possible. My doctors have had to admit I’m a miracle and it’s an amazing thing to hear some of the best doctors in the world say the word miracle. If you need healing, read this verse and take heart that God’s words thousands of years ago, still ring true today.

So here’s the take away from this post. No matter where you are in life and no matter where you’ve been there’ll always be a promise you can stand on in God’s Word and that’s— that’s what will give you the strength to scale your mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Because Thou Hast Done It             Sometimes I just need to go back to the firm foundation and substance of the Psalms. When I rea...